Monday, October 19, 2009

Swedish Brownies

Don't let the name fool you. These brownies are not brown they are a golden creamy color and they are amazing. My mother-in-law brought some to our house on Saturday and they taste almost like a Dutch Letter. The even better part is that they are so much easier to make.

Swedish Brownies

4 eggs
2 C Sugar

1 C Butter (use the real stuff:) Melted and Cooled

Pinch of Salt
2 C Flour
3 tsp. Almond Flavor

Beat eggs and sugar til light and fluffy (About 5 min.)
Add butter slowly to eggs& Sugar
Stir in Salt, Flour, and almond flavoring. Spread in 9X13 pan. Sprinkle with Sugar. Bake @ 325 for 35-40 min.

Enjoy:) They are yummy and will be part of my Christmas Cookie Plate this season!!!

6 comments:

  1. You lost me at 'tastes like a dutch letter'......oh my goodness. If you would've posted a picture, I may have lost it completely.
    yum-o. I think I think I'm trying them TONIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me rephrase that......you HAD me at 'tastes like a dutch letter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, I'm just back to say....YUM!! Those were soo good! Thanks for the recipe :) I linked to it in my post today--hope you don't mind! I couldn't take credit for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen-- just found your blog today! Might have to try this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, I'm trying these this week! Sounds wonderful! Nice to *meet* you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, Katie's comments made me put almond extract on my grocery list for tommorow. I will have to make these too! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete