Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Grandma!

Grandma

Most people have one... this is mine! She is a lot like my mom, uh, well my mom is a lot like her!! And if you know me well, you also know I am a lot like my mom!! If you want to know what I will look like if I ever make it to be 87, you won't have to look away from this picture.

When I think of Grandma Jensen memories flood my mind. I honestly can't remember one bad thing she ever said... well except for one, and it was on accident and out of sheer innocence (and if you know me well, I have those moments too;).

Grandma was an amazing cook!! Every time we went to her house she ALWAYS had homemade cinnamon rolls. These are the same recipe that I make very often and always in her remembrance!!

Every morning grandma and grandpa woke up, had breakfast, and sat down together to read their Bible and pray. I can remember the other grand kids sleeping in on purpose so they could miss out on family devotions. I was the youngest grandchild and always slept either on the couch or on the twin bed in my grandpa's room, I was almost always part of this devotion time. At the time, I considered family devotion time to be a small, insignificant "activity." Now as I reflect back on those days I am amazed at the love and devotion they had for our Savior. Oh, how I wish I had listened more, but I am so thankful for what I did hear and their example that is so powerful in my life today!

Grandpa died my freshman year of college. That was such a hard time! And now, as my grandmother still lives she is just as amazing as she was when grandpa died. She loved grandpa so much! With love and respect I write these words about my grandmother who passed down more than physical features, and baking abilities!! She is leaving a legacy of love and service to God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment