Friday, September 4, 2009

Loads of Fun!

When we moved to our new house it came equipped with a clothes line!!


I wasn't sure if I would use it, but have come to enjoy hanging my clothes on the line.
While there are a few things about line drying that really bother me ie. crunchy towels, I am finding my way around them. So, here are my line drying helpful hints!


- Sheets and other bed linens are great on the line. They are fresh smelling, dry quickly and dry nicely on the line.

- Towels line dried can be put in the dryer for 5-10 min. after they have been line dried to release the cruchies:) Thanks Christine for this tip!!

- No shame here we hang it all out on the line...although I usually put the undies in the middle and the bigger clothes on the outsides to help hide our unmentionables.


Poor Ethan has had his undies out on the line after an unexpected sheet changing and washing and his jammies and undies were involved:) Other than a few accidents he is really catching on to this potty training business... and his mother and her purse are very grateful;)
I even question whether line drying makes that big of an impact on the monthly utility bill, so this month I am challenging myself to line dry almost all of our laundry and see how much it saves. Between this and the unseasonably cool weather I think I am going to like September's bill:)

4 comments:

  1. I too hide our 'unmentionables'! I put them on the inside line and hang bigger clothes on the outside to 'hide' them from the cul-de-sac : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love drying clothes outside! They just have such a fresh smell to them! That's one of the things I'll miss this winter. I'll be interested to hear how much it helps your energy bill out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karen! Your boys are too too cute! You may not remember me from Faith, which is totally fine, but I just wanted to drop by and say hi--you have a cute blog and a cute family :)
    I totally wish that I could use our clothes line, however at the moment, it has a hornet's nest in the hollow of the post....not.cool.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Line dying is such a great money saver but I can't put clothes outside so I use a drying rack in the house. I tend to fluff everything for about 10 minutes and then hang it up.

    ReplyDelete