Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall Days


I love these fall days. Gorgeous weather, leaves changing color, cool crisp air, and SOUP!!

I love to make soup, and my little guy loves to eat it!! I am convinced that he is a true "Comfort Food" eater. Anything that is considered down home cooking is right up his alley. This recipe is a favorite at our house, healthy and oh so easy to make. And that is what I consider a perfect recipe:) Hope you enjoy it too!!

Chicken Enchilada Soup


1 can black beans (drained)

1 can chili beans

1 can chicken broth

1 envelope taco seasoning

2 cans diced tomatoes ( I used 1 large can:)

1 can rotel tomatoes (or generic equivalent, these were .49 @ Target!!)

2 chicken breast halves ( I often use frozen)


Just put everything into a slow cooker, and stir. Place chicken in. Cook on high 3-4 hours. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Take out chicken breasts and shred with a fork and place back in your soup. Serve soup with shredded cheese on top and a dollop of sour cream. We like to eat this with Tortilla chips too!! Add a salad, and you've got an easy, healthy meal ready!! Enjoy!

Do you have any easy meal pleasers for your family! If so, I'd love to hear all about them!!

7 comments:

  1. That sounds quite good!! Do you put the chicken in while it's frozen or thaw it first??
    Thanks for the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do put it in frozen... I like to keep it simple:) One thing I forgot to add is that I do put the tomatoes in the blender, because we don't really like chunks of tomato!! Do as you please though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karen- as I was looking at Christine's blog, I happened onto yours. Nice to be in touch and catch up with your life! Isn't blogging fun? I started mine about a year and a half ago.
    I'll look forward to continue reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...somebody changed their background! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good! I'm so glad --Chicken takes allllll day to thaw, and I hate putting it in the micowave.

    Like your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Karen. I absolutely love slow-cooker recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen,
    Have you had the "Taco Soup" that Laurie makes?
    It's a staple at our house in the winter too.
    Similar to your above recipe...
    If you have it, I won't post it.
    Thanks for the chicken enchilada soup recipe.
    Aunt Elaine

    ReplyDelete